To our valued licensee partners,
Further to our letter to you on March 20, we would like to provide an update on the temporary pause we placed on in-store returns due to COVID-19. It was important that we took the appropriate time to assess the services we can continue to maintain with reduced staff and operating hours and all in a safe manner.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority and we continue to implement measures to maintain a safe environment for our staff. We appreciate the challenging situation that you, our licensee partners, are currently facing and we will begin accepting product returns under a new temporary process for those in urgent need. We ask that licensees who are able to delay their returns please do so and we assure you that returns will be accepted again at a later date.
Below is the information on the new temporary licensee returns process for those in immediate need who are not able to postpone their returns any longer:
- Licensee returns can be made in store on Sundays from 9am – 10am, beginning Sunday, April 5, 19th and 25th. There will be no returns on Easter weekend.
- LCBO will accept product returns for any purchases made after February 15th, 2020, which is 30 days prior to the pause in our return program.
- Due to reduced store hours, stores will be closed to the public during licensee return times. Additionally, due to the current situation, some stores are working under reduced days and may be closed on Sundays. In those few cases, returns can be arranged on Saturdays of the same weekends.
- If you need to return product you must let your retail store know 24 hours in advance by calling and speaking with the store manager. Calls can be made to the store between 10 am – 6pm. This is an important step to ensure that LCBO has adequate staff available at select locations on these dates.
- Please call upon arrival at your store and bring the returns to the back entrance of the store.
- LCBO employees will follow a strict safety protocol when receiving your product. For the health and safety of licensees and our employees we ask that you follow appropriate physical distancing practices when you deliver your product for return.
- Our employees are working hard during a difficult time. We would greatly appreciate your patience when making your returns.
- This process is for returns only. We will not be processing exchanges or sales during the licensee return times.
Guidelines for products being returned:
- We are only accepting unopened product at this time. We will not process open product.
- Products must be packaged in shipping boxes and sealed closed (whether in the original closed boxes or mixed product repackaged into boxes).
- Receipts are required in order to complete your return. Funds will be reimbursed on a credit card. If a return on a credit card is not an option, a cheque will be processed through LCBO Head Office.
We’d like to remind you that this temporary return process is being implemented for licensees requiring urgent returns. There will be additional opportunities to return products purchased after February 15th, 2020 and we will provide more information on that at a later date.
If you have any questions that have not been answered here please contact us at the Hello LCBO contact center hello_LCBO@lcbo.com.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we worked to develop this return process.