Further to the provincial government’s announcement regarding the extension of the lockdown with additional restrictions in response to the continued rise in COVID-19 cases, including a state of emergency with a province-wide stay-at-home order effective today, we wanted to share a few LCBO operational updates.
As it relates to our business, this marks a return to some previously implemented measures, but not major operational change. As always, we will follow all public health guidance under the orders, including related to capacities in the workplace and retail hours of operations.
- All Stores will remain at the reduced capacity of 25% and close at 8:00 p.m.
- Trade visits to all C and D stores continued to be on hold. In all other stores one representative per company, up to a maximum of three representatives at one time, is permitted. We kindly ask Trade to continue to follow all public safety protocols when entering our stores.
- Booking appointments with Store Managers is also paused in all stores. Trade can continue to value add at this time (excluding C and D stores)
- Inter- Store Transfers – can be facilitated by trade partners or District Manager only. All transfers require District Manager approval or setup by Customer Care to handle customer issues.
- We will continue to offer returns for both regular customers and licensees, with required protocols in place, as well as continuing with our dedicated return lines for regular customer returns.
- At Head Office, we are still accepting samples for product calls. No changes are currently planned to our product call tasting schedule.
We will continue to keep you updated as needed as more guidance becomes available.
Thank you and take care,
Vice President, Retail Operations